Friday 20 February 2015

AFE update

Life at AFE has very much become a pleasant routine! School starts at 8 so we get the rapidito bus from the community to school.

Lessons are 45 minutes long and I either have 4 or 5 lessons a day. I'm teaching all grades in Primary school and every class is different. It keeps my day lively as one class I'll have 11 crazy second graders and the next I'll have 5 calm third graders! 

The main thing is that the kids are so loving here- I probably won't have even walked through the gates of school and will have received 5 hugs of 'Goodmorning!' Seeing smiles on the kids faces throughout the day is something so amazing. Amazing to think that they can have fun and learn at AFE, relax and help others, though sad also as when they leave at the end of school they will either go to the trash dump for work or back to bad living conditions.

That doesn't deter the amazing team at AFE though- the kids wouldn't have half a chance if it wasn't for the caring teachers! 

It's sad to think that next week is my last week- a month here has gone very quickly! 
Though now I'm collecting air miles hopefully I'll be able to get back here sooner than I thought! 

E! 


No comments:

Post a Comment