Monday 23 February 2015

Clinic

Hi Guys,

So as I wrote in my last blog I am helping one of the doctors re-paint the clinic at AFE as they were rather bright colours! 

The clinic provides daily care for around 30 people a day with a team of around 4 people working tirelessly from 8am-12.30. They provide a range of health care for trash dump workers and the local community at AFE. 

It also provides a clinic for the students at AFE daily if they injure themselves at school or come to school with a problem.

The clinic has 3 doctors rooms, a pharmacy, a toilet and a waiting area.

When we arrived a month ago and saw the colours I didn't feel they were very clinical and were very bright. 
I don't know how we got on to the subject of repainting (holly and I), but I'm guessing the mention of maybe wanting to spend my afternoons doing a decorating project of some sorts if needed- jogged it! 
3 weeks later in the massively busy schedule at AFE we have started to repaint! 

We are painting most walls a medium grey, and are going to paint feature walls in each room a burnt (I think) orange! There were hopes of me painting a mural but I don't know if I'll have time! We have also had to cleanse some walls and paint mould prevention on them. 

The paints and equiptment initially cost around £80. We began work today once school finished at 12 and have already gone through half a tin of paint for two walls!! It looks as though we may have to buy some more paint! 

I would love to raise the money for the paints for the clinic as its an expense the clinic could really do without spending and use it for medicines and equipment instead! 

So, I guess this blog post is a gentle plea for donations! I would ideally like to raise £150 for the clinic as the original cost of £80 will rise due to the need of more paints! Any extra will go towards the clinics running and equipment expenses! 

If you would to donate, here's a guide of how:

1.On the AFE donate page you will fill out a form about donations. 

2.It will ask you to select an option- please select AFE CLINIC.

3.Select the amount you would like to donate.

4. In the NOTES box please write:

Paints for clinic- h&a. 

5. Submit your gratefully appreciated donation! 

All that's left to say is THANKYOU! It may only be paint but will make a big difference! 

(My blog wont let me upload pics- sorry ): If you have me on Fb I'll put them up there, and will make it public others who dont)


Lots of Love and THANKYOU from me and everyone at AFE X


http://www.afehonduras.org/donate

No comments:

Post a Comment