Tuesday 10 February 2015

Different life from home!

I always took for granted hot water, I never thought about running water and a flushing toilet. Well here I am In Honduras, showering out of a bucket and using a toilet that doesnt flush. At first it was really difficult to adjust too, but its getting easier to shower with a bucket! I do, however, look forward to that first hot shower in the future and flush of a toilet! Oh the simple things in life! 

Teaching is great fun though difficult also. Some kids seem to take advantage of my little Spanish (I don't blame them) and so I had children climbing on tables and fighting whilst I turned my back to write on the board! It may have all been in good spirits- just frustrating for me when I don't know how to ask them to sit down! 

Currently in the school there is also an American team of around 12 people doing some construction work. They are regular visitors and so know the importance of speed to make it better for the kids. I've started to help in the afternoons, doing labour such as digging up a concrete floor and shovelling it in to buckets! Its hard work but good upper body strength building so I don't gain lots of food babies from the amount of tortillas I am eating a day! 

An american team means more american English, and apparently I'm picking up a twang! Every time I Skype or call home I get asked why I'm talking like an american (though many Americans here would disagree)- its because I've encountered aprox 3 Englishmen in the whole of my trip so far, the rest have been american! The teams here still take enjoyment out of my calling my 'pants' trousers, and uderwear, pants! 

Off to now do zumba with a group of students and people from the community! 

Adios, E

No comments:

Post a Comment